INFORMATION ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING FOR APPLICANTS
This is to inform you pursuant to the Regulation (UE) 2016/679 on “Protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data” and to Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 as amended (herein “Regulation”), about the data processing carried out by Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (herein "IIT") during the selection process.
1) Identity and contact details of the Data Controller
The Data Controller of your personal data is Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Via Morego, 30 – 16163 Genova – Phone +39 010 28961.
2) Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer is available at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Description of data processing
During the selection process, IIT will process the following categories of personal data (herein also “Data”):
- Personal data such as, for example, name, surname, tax code, e-mail address, phone number.
- Special categories of Data concerning health such us, for example, data for verifying suitability for certain jobs and/or eventual data relating to protect categories.
- Reference letters/contact details of referees, if requested by the call. Where you provide references relating to your previous professional experience containing contact details of the referees, you declare to have received the authorization from the referees themselves so that IIT may process - their data for its own purposes and in an autonomous manner. Please kindly note that IIT will only process these Data to verify your references for the time strictly necessary to the management of the selection process.
4) Purposes and lawfulness of data processing
The processing of your personal data by IIT will take place for the purpose of managing the selection process started. In particular, the processing of your data will take place under the following legal basis:
A) the execution of a contract or the execution of pre-contractual measures taken upon your request (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b of the Regulation), with regard to personal data and for the following purposes:
1)the assessment of suitability of the professional and personal profile, also by video-interviews carried out by video-interview platform;
2)the refund of travel expenses incurred for participation in the selection process, if provided and requested.
B) the purpose of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the Controller or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law in so far as it is authorized by Union or Member State law or a collective agreement pursuant to Member State law providing for appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject (Article 9, paragraph 2, letter b of the Regulation), with regard to special categories of data and for the following purpose:
1) the fulfilment of specific obligations or the performance of specific tasks provided for by European Union legislation or by national law. In particular for the purposes of establishing the employment relationship (Article 1.3, letter a of Annex 1 of Provision no 497/2018 of the Italian Supervisory Authority), also with reference to the Law no 68/99 concerning the hiring of protected categories.
5) Processing method
Your data will be processed by computer and paper support, following the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
If your CV contains not relevant data to the purpose pursued, IIT will refrain from using such information during the selection.
6) Access to personal data
Data will be processed by authorized Staff of Human Capital Organization Directorate and by the internal function involved in the selection as requesters.
7) Categories of recipients of personal data
The data may be disclosed to public and private entities for the purposes mentioned above. The communication of the data is carried out on basis of the obligations provided by law. In this regard, personal data are communicated to Italian employment centers and Credit Institutions, in the case of refund of travel expenses.
Your data may also be communicated to persons appointed by IIT as External Data Processors for purposes strictly related to the execution and management of selection process.
In any case, IIT remains responsible to communicate Data to Judicial Authorities, to handle requests.
8) Transfer of personal data to third countries
The Data will be process in the European Union. If necessary, IIT will transfer Data outside European Union after an impact evaluation of the transfer and the adoption of appropriate guarantees (i.e. Adequacy Decisions, Binding Corporate Rules or Standard Contractual Clauses).
9) Data storage
The Data will be kept for the purposes referred to in paragraphs 4.A) and 4.B) for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes, and in any case for no longer than 18 months after the end of the selection process (except in case of your consent to the further data processing).
Data acquired by video-interview platform will be stored for 90 days from the recording.
10) Your Rights
You can exercise the rights provided for by Articles 15, 16, 17, 18 and 20 of the Regulation at any time sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In particular, you can request:
1) access to your personal data, as provided in Article 15 of the Regulation;
2) rectification of your personal data, as provided in Article 16 of the Regulation;
3) erasure of your personal data ("right to be forgotten"), as provided in Article 17 of the Regulation;
4) restriction of personal data processing, as provided in Article 18 of the Regulation;
5) portability of your personal data, as provided in Article 20 of the Regulation.
11) Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
Finally, pursuant to Article 77 of the Regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority (for Italy: Autorità Garante per la Protezione dei dati personali - Web: www.garanteprivacy.it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number +39 06.696771), if you believe that data processing infringes the provisions of the Regulation.
12) Nature of the processing and obligation of providing data
Data required are necessary (even in fulfilment of obligations deriving from legal rules) to the selection process aimed at the possible establishment of the contractual relationship. Failure to provide them will result in conclusion of the selection process.
13) Existence of automated decision-making processes in the data processing
There is NO type of automated decision-making process, pursuant to Article 22 of the Regulation for the processing of the above data.